Friday, January 22, 2010

Cabbage is Green

this is [part of] my design for my litho class. my stone is HUGE. it weighs about 200 lbs. and takes two people to move it. i had to reflect the image so it could be read because when you print from a stone everything needs to be backwards so when you print it will be right-reading. this is going to end up being my last run. i have a background color i'm doing on my posi-plate and haven't decided if i want it to be pink, red or light green. my second run is just the green of the cabbages and this [my black run] is on my stone. i'm excited. my image is going to be 11½"x11½". because we're doing so many runs and going about the crits "professionally" [meaning we're critiquing state proofs, artist proofs and then the finals] the whole thing is taking us until midterms.
-and yes, it was hard to do the writing backwards, as you can see some of my letter's are little funky.

No comments:

Post a Comment